My Recommendations for Twitter Applications
I’ve been using Twitter since March of 2009 (@RussellAWheeler). In that time, I’ve tried a number of applications on my PC and BlackBerry® device. If you’re new to the “Twittersphere,” here are my recommendations:
- TweetDeck (for PC or Mac)
- ÜberTwitter (for BlackBerry®)
TweetDeck is a great application for using Twitter on your desktop. It’s built utilizing Adobe AIR and compatible for PC and Mac. What I like about TweetDeck are the number of features and ease of use. Here are a few:
- Organize your friends, colleagues, special interests into easily manageable categories as well as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Manage your @replies, direct messages and manage conversations.
- Watch video clips from You Tube and other providers without leaving TweetDeck.
- Easily shorten URLs and automatically insert them inside your tweet.
- It’s Free!
When I started using Twitter on my BlackBerry® device, I quickly discovered the limitations of the Twitter mobile site. There are a variety of BlackBerry® applications available and many of which are free. When I found ÜberTwitter, my search was over. ÜberTwitter is one of the easiest applications to use and offers great features. Here are a few:
- Loads and runs fast.
- Customizable user interface.
- Full screen editor to compose tweets.
- GeoTagging options.
- URL shortening through Bit.ly.
Twitter is a great way to connect with others who share similar interests as you. TweetDeck and ÜberTwitter are two tools to keep the conversation going wherever you may be.
What are your thoughts?
What are your favorite Twitter applications? Do you use TweetDeck or ÜberTwitter?